How does Invisalign work? When a patient first hears about the Invisalign treatment, it can seem mysterious. “Are these clear aligners really as good as braces?” They can be better, in many cases! Without using any metal brackets or wires, Invisalign trays can:
- Reposition all teeth into an ideal smile.
- Rotate any tooth.
- Align your top and bottom teeth for a healthier bite.
- Bring teeth closer together to eliminate gaps or move them apart for better spacing.
With many different types of bite and tooth problems, you can get the Invisalign results that you need. Visit our local dentist office in Brentwood to get your free consultation. Schedule a time today.
How Does Invisalign Straighten Teeth?
The Invisalign process uses a series of clear Invisalign aligners—dental trays that cover the top and bottom teeth. Each set applies exactly the right pressure to the teeth to move them a little further toward our goals. You’ll switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks.
How Do We Design Your Aligners?
We use top-of-the-line dental scanning technology to map your teeth and examine your jaws. Your Invisalign dentist will make a 3D model of your teeth in the computer, and the computer calculates the shape of aligners that will move teeth to the positions we want.
You will simply wear your aligners for 20+ hours per day, taking them out when you eat and when you brush and floss. Visit the dentist office on a regular schedule—every 6 weeks or so—to check on your progress.
Is the Invisalign Method an Orthodontic Technique?
Invisalign aligners are a high-tech, modern-day version of orthodontics that don’t require fastening anything to your teeth. Traditional braces still work, but your orthodontist may recommend Invisalign invisible aligners for you if you qualify because they are often so much easier! We trust the Invisalign brand because:
- More than 20 years of research went into creating it.
- It is associated with more than 900 patents.
- Your treatment is supported by the Invisalign database of 6 million previous smiles.
- It starts with very accurate impressions of your teeth, taken by high-tech visual scanners.
- Aligners are fabricated in the biggest network of 3D printers in the world.
Each of your clear teeth aligners will be a slightly different shape, which will encourage certain teeth to move in precise ways. This has the same goal as traditional braces, but the Invisalign system uses 3D printers instead of metal wires for faster results.
What To Expect During Your Invisalign Process
Let’s go through the steps of a normal Invisalign treatment, from start to finish. We’ll first find out if you’re an ideal Invisalign candidate, then move forward:
- Consultation: You’ll tell your goals to your family dentist at Brentwood Dental Group and get feedback. Ask any questions you need.
- Dental Health Exam: We’ll check your teeth and gums for any infections or damage. You may need some general dentistry services to prepare for advanced tooth movements.
- Dental X-rays: We scan your teeth and jaws to plan the best way to move your teeth.
- Digital Tooth Modeling: Scanning technology creates impressions and 3D models of your teeth without messy physical impression material.
- Aligner Design: Using advanced Invisalign software, we create the optimal series of aligners for your treatment.
- Aligner Fabrication: We send your designs to be printed at Invisalign labs.
- Aligner Placement: You’ll visit our dental practice to have your aligners placed for the first time.
- Daily Aligner Wear: Just wear your aligners all the time, except for during meals and cleaning.
- Aligner Transitions: Switch to the next set of aligners using the schedule we give you. You can do this at home.
- Progress Checkups: We’ll verify that your teeth are moving as planned—even possible through a mobile app.
On your way to your final Invisalign smile, you’ll be able to eat your favorite foods and avoid extra scrutiny from friends and coworkers. You may also start to see quick results partway through the process.
Get a FREE Invisalign Consultation at Brentwood Dental Group
Before you commit a dime to Invisalign, you get to see for yourself if it would be right for you. Get a FREE consultation with Dr. Seth Wasson. We want you to be able to check out Invisalign without financial risk. To get a straighter, more beautiful smile in 6–12 months, schedule your free consultation now.