At our office, we can do more for you than fill cavities and clean teeth. Thanks to our SmoothLase technology, we can offer exciting cosmetic benefits, including wrinkle-removing and skin-smoothing treatments. When you look good, you feel good, and we want our patients to be able to experience that firsthand.
Your SmoothLase treatment will leave you looking and feeling younger, with an increased sense of self-confidence to go with it. Whether you’re preparing for an interview, a social event, or are simply ready to treat yourself to something nice, you’ll love the effect SmoothLase can have on your appearance.
How Does a Laser Reverse the Common Sources of Wrinkles?
Even though a laser is just light, the beam is created in a coordinated way that gives it physical effects. In laser dentistry, we use a laser to reshape gums and teeth. In facial aesthetics, the SmoothLase laser removes damaged skin and stimulates the growth of new, younger skin.
If you also want Botox or dermal fillers at the same time, SmoothLase will still stimulate your skin and help it grow and smooth out naturally.
Here are some common causes of wrinkles and skin damage, along with some examples of how a laser can improve those conditions:
- Normal Muscle Movements: Just moving our faces puts pressure on skin, which creates wrinkles over the decades. The laser interrupts this process to some degree, tightening the skin against wrinkles.
- Sun and Wind: The heat of the sun, along with particles carried in wind, can weather the skin, damaging the top layer. A laser can remove that layer and stimulate new skin growth.
- Cosmetics: Certain types of makeup can damage and irritate the skin, and the laser can rejuvenate it.
- Cigarettes: Smoking strains the skin and muscles around the mouth, damaging them and causing wrinkles. The chemicals in cigarettes also interrupt the creation of skin proteins.
- Acne: Acne can leave scars on the skin, which the SmoothLase can reshape to a great degree.
- Facial Birthmarks: It’s possible to change the color of a birthmark a certain amount, which makes it easier to manage.
- Skin Tone Changes: Skin tone can naturally change as we age. If you are frustrated with gray, yellow, or other tone changes, laser stimulation can help the skin naturally change to a younger tone.
SmoothLase has helped many of our patients to remove, stimulate, tighten, and lift a variety of skin conditions for facial esthetics.
Combining Skin Care and Dentistry
When you imagine an appointment at the dental clinic, do you think of a dental cleaning and exam? That’s natural to think only of teeth, but our dentist office in Brentwood now works on skin too. Your dentist’s training involves deep knowledge of facial tissues, muscles, lips, gums, and more, making facial esthetics a natural fit.
Our dental practice involves your overall health, including your confidence and happiness. We want our patients to feel attractive and proud of their smile makeover. Working on your facial tissues, including wrinkles, is like working on a beautiful frame for a picture.
We also are excited to add the field of anti-aging to our dental care. Through implant bridges, skin rejuvenation, and other techniques, we can help patients stay younger for a longer time. Imagine the long-term effects this can have on your confidence, relationships, work, and quality of life.
Laser Wrinkle Treatment at Brentwood Dental Group
Do you want more youthful skin? You can get a consultation at our family dental practice to talk about your needs and allow us to calibrate the SmoothLase system for you. Then, we can schedule convenient, quick appointments around your schedule. Contact us today to get started!